Love Handles. If two cute little words could inflict pain, here it is. Love Handles are the chunks of fat lying at the sides and the back of your waistline. How to know if you have it or not? Simple. Lift your shirt up, take a good grab around your waistline? Yes, that cute chunk. Ever wanted to cut that idiot out of your life? I feel you.
Research shows that our body is a machine which is equipped in such a way that we tend to accumulate fat in the region first, and is the last fat region in your body to get rid of. Strange but true. Many have set out for the journey to reduce the love handle fat(myself included).
So, I’m going through some tips to reduce love handle fat.
- Refrain from getting inspired by the stuff you see on magazines, articles, videos. You must understand that your illusion is their business. The models demonstrating the so called exercises, diet plans, giving advice as to how you should reduce your calorie intake are professionals. They train all year round, maintain a very strict diet, no booze, no partying, and maintain a body fat percentage which is a single digit number. You, on the other side, are a rookie in this camp. You must stop thinking that if it worked for them, it’ll work for you. You need to organize a fat loss plan first.
- Spot reduction is a myth. All of you must have encountered that one person who asks you to do a 1000 side bends, some sit-ups, crunches, leg raises and what not. Fat loss is not a very tough thing to achieve. But, your approach is crucial. Fat loss is possible by dint of hard work and good diet, not spot reducing exercises.
- Know your shortest route towards destination ripped. You could start dieting and shoo all your cravings at once, deprive yourself of all the amazing food, or you could start running more than Jemima Sumgong and Mo Farah all at once, spend hours and hours in the gym running on the treadmill, cross-trainers etc. But the shortest route is a combination of a good diet and a good workout plan.
- Planks, side-planks and wood choppers are hands down the most effective exercises to tighten your oblique and the targets the love handle area. Incorporate these exercises in your schedule. But, focus on high intensity cardio and ab exercises before you even start thinking about the obliques and the love handle region.
- Begin an aerobic exercise training routine. Cardio is essential for everyone to reduce body fat, especially around the stomach area and love handles. Incorporate regular aerobic exercise to help get rid of your love handles. Everyone should include 30 to 40 minutes of moderate to intense cardio exercise 2 to 3 days per week.
- Limit processed food intake. Both processed foods and those that are fried are generally higher in calories. When you eat these types of foods regularly it will be hard to lose weight and get rid of love handles.
- Processed foods and fried foods are known to be high calorie. In addition, these foods may also be high in added sugars, harmful types of fat and a lot of additives or preservatives.
- Foods to limit include: sweetened beverages, fried foods, fast foods, chips and crackers, ice cream, candy, processed meats, frozen TV dinners, canned meals, cookies, cakes and breakfast pastries.
If possible, do not eat many foods with high amounts of added sugars.
You can also replace your starchy carbohydrates with the non-starchy ones.